princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

12 July 2006

CHRISTIANS n EXPECTATIONS

So here is a though...is it wrong to expect certain standards from christians? Lately this has been bugging me a bit.

We as a body of Christ are in ministry for one reason, to please God, loving Him and loving His people. Simple right! So you would think that we as a ministry would help each other out and build each other up to achieve a common purpose. But why do i get the vibe that i have to try so hard to try and break this tension? At first i thought i was being too sensitive. But i realised that it wasn't just me who felt this way.

Shouldn't we, as a ministry, work together to make each other feel comfortable around one another and support each other as best as we can, so as to bring this ministry to where God wants us to be? Shouldn't we, as a ministry, be able to easily chat with one another without being afraid of being judge by others and treated differently just because we are not 'one-of-your-type' that you'd normally hangout with?

Its sad to hear from people making comments like "why should i try to make an effort to make you feel welcome when you don't even try to make an effort yourself?" or "why should i try to make an effort to make you feel comfortable when you don't do the same when i'm feeling unwelcome?" Its just so immature and stupid. Gosh, when was it all about us?? It was never about us. In fact, the act of living was never about us.

That's just a errmmmm....thought. Maybe you guys might want to think about it and let me know how u feel coz i am starting to feel that maybe we as Christians are no different from the rest of the world. Maybe we shouldn't expect anything from anyone. Call me idealistic but i still want to believe that we as Christians are different.

Cheryl

2 Comments:

Blogger Bean said...

Hey Cheryl, Good thoughts.. It is true that the 'Christian Community' isnt acting exactly the way it should.. We can so easily get caught up in the world that we become a part of it..
We should really be others focused, and out of that we should be watching out for our 'family' in christ..

I think also, we get caught up in our own comfortable life, and if anything that shifts us outside of our comfort we sorta just say, well thats not for me, so we disown or ignore it.. We think oh, im and individual, and i have my rights, I have the right to stay in my own comfortable world, and not go out of my way to help another, or to make someone else feel comfortable.. We need to give up those rights, because that just becomes a barrier for us moving forwards, and stops our 'community' from growing..

Just another thought.. which also could be expanded ;)

July 12, 2006 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

August 11, 2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home