princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

04 April 2006

YA CAMP!!

Hello everyone....

its been a while since my last entry. That was because life has been really busy...too busy to try and comment on it. But i guess having the weekend getaway to camp Howqua for our young adults camp was a good time to relax and refocus on what is really important.

Camp was awesome. Didn't really want to go at the beginning because of all the assignments. But went anyway. Told myself, since u are going, might as well expect something from God then... rather than waste your time ... And i did. Since its my last year of studies, by the end of the year i have to decide if i will be staying in Australia or going back to my lovely home. Basically, what is my next calling in life after my studies? Tough decision to make. So i said, "Lord, give me more direction." So did he answer my prayer?He kinda did. Of coz, not giving me a specific answer but just some guiding principles that will help me make a better decision.

WISDOM PRINCIPLE 1: You may not be at your POSITION OF DESTINY (the specific calling - ie. youth pastor) but you may be at your PLACE OF DESTINY (the field of interest - ie. helping young kids or people in general). Dunnoe if i made any sense there.

WISDOM PRINCIPLE 2: Wherever you are at in life, if you feel lost and frustrated of waiting for a specific answer, STOP WASTING TIME getting annoyed at God. Rather, take the opportunity to BE A BLESSING and CHAMPION OTHER'S CAUSE. That was a great reminder for me. Often i always think of myself and what i want to do...seldom i think about what i can do to help others fulfill their dreams and passion.

So yeah...these two were the most remembered lessons i took home with me.

I guess away from my personal agenda, the camp was the best one ever. The witness of unity was so evident. Although YA is going through a transition phase....somehow i am reassured that it is going according to the plan God has set out for this ministry. Just to see everyone coming together, supporting each other with love was so awesome. I guess the experience at camp wasn't that explosive in that sense, but the gentle impact that it had on the ministry internally was awesome. YA is getting somewhere i'm sure!!

Hmmm...there are other highlights at camp. i may share it some other time...or if u asked me. Some were really suprising ones, while others were just plain embarrassing....man, can't believe it happened man!! Anyway, gtg now...so stay true to yourself and may God bless you!

Cheryl

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

haha ahh how about running up on stage late??

pe tet te..

ahaha. or maybe i shouldnt have shared that..

=P

April 05, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Bean said...

haha.. what happened cheryl? was wondering where you came from? ... have to share now.. :P

April 05, 2006 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home