princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

09 March 2006

WHAT WAS I TO DO?

Man is my schedule so damn busy. Really tired right now. But still want to just write this little thing that happened this afternoon which really made me think about what should we, as CHristians, do.

So i was at caulfield having my lunch and was about to go to my 2hr lecture when i felt a sudden aurge to "send a fax" (sorry...only those who were at cell wld probably know what i meant. For those of u who didn't go...its basically do a No.2 in the toilet). Anyway, when i went to the toilet there was this young high-school girl who seemed so lost. Lost in the toilet?? She had like white liquidity stuff flowing from her nose, and she just wasn't looking too good. She saw me and started asking me, "where is my spray? where is my spray?" Her spray? What spray? Her stuff was all over the toilet. Anyway, i spotted the spray can and told her that it was right in front of her. She took the spray can, said thank you like three times and then went inside the cubical. I was like....'okay!! What's up man!!' I casually asked if she was alright and she was like "yeah i'm good." So i left it as that.

But i kinda knew that something was not so right. But i was actually afraid of wrongly 'accusing' her for doing smthg not too right...(sniffing spray can gas?? Huh??) I actually hesitated a bit before i decided to go up to one of the security guard and told him about the situation. Apparently, she has been loitering around that area a few times before so this inccident wasn't foreign to that security gaurd. I hope she is alright. But she's so young though, how did she ver learn to do such a thing? Man.......what is happening to our youths these days??

So here is the situation. You see something like that happen. What are we, as Christians, to do? How should we react to situations like that? Am i thinking too much? Can there ever be a time where we become too involved in living a 'perfect' Christian life?? Hmmmm.....

Cheryl

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam Leong said...

heya cheryl..

yeah no doubt she's inhaling the toxins... i once saw a girl spraying something into a plastic bag, then she held the bag to her mouth and inhaled the gas.

and yeah the look in her face - well, it just wasn't normal.

i agree as Christians we should help out, but it is hard - the train was sorta half full, and people avoided/ignored her. maybe it's that they don't want to get involved. but she has that "leave me alone" behaviour.

i'm not really presenting a solution here. but i feel whilst we ought to help, we need to be prepared to help. say someone has a gun and was about to commit suicide - are we willing to put our lives on the line? maybe yes. but definitely not if we aren't prepared to do so.

"God helps those who help themselves." we hear that so often we become ignorant of the fact that there is a world out there that needs help and possibly, just possibly, that help is from God... through us.

March 13, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Sam Leong said...

oops add the following bit in the first paragraph:

"i once saw a girl on a train..."

March 13, 2006 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home