princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

06 March 2006

NO COINCEDENCE

Currently, i'm reading "Beautiful in God's Eyes: Treasures of the Proverbs 31 women" as part of my devoution. Just last nite i was reading the chapter which was talking about how girls, ladies and/or women should learn to focus on bringing beauty into their homes and places they are in. So this chapter about bring beauty didn't really mean much to me. It wasn't something that i wanted to really have a revelation on. Anyway, as i was reading that almost-irrelevant chapter, something in me told me to give a little sms to some of my xlr8 gurls. As i was msging them, i tot to myself: "Cheryl, how easily distracted can you be? You are not even halfway into the chapter and you are already feeling restless."

Having sent out a few msges, i continued reading the book. Then a call came. I answered it. It was Ruth Alur, one of my beautiful gorgeous xlr8 girls called. We started talking, asking each other if we were ready to start the week, the usual stuff. Then she decided to share with me something, which led the both of us into a nice, encouraging conversation. And as we were sharing about our passions, she made this comment, "Cheryl, you are so beautiful."

Wow!! I mean i knew i was always beautiful *hehehe.....* but for someone to say that to me, it was like are you sure you meant beautiful instead of something else?

Then we continued talking, ending the conversation with both of us praying a prayer of blessing upon each others' life and ministry. It was such a wonderful conversation. Although it may have been short, but it will be somehting that would remain in my head for a long time. To Ruth, if u r reading this, you are also beautiful. *smilez*

After that conversation, i continued on reading that chapter, and then it all made sense. That moment i saw the pieces come together of how i was reading the first 3 pages of a chapter that i didn't tink was important to me, and getting distracted in the middle, to realising that this chapter made so much sense.

-okay wait, am i making any sense atm?? gathering my thoughts, as i look at the clock. 15min b'4 my psy lab-

Alright...i guess wat i'm trying to say is that God has a special way of showing to us things that matter in life, regardless of what we may think. I thought that this chapter was a waste of time reading and he proved me wrong. It was no conincedence that i read 3pages of that chapter before getting 'distracted' and then finishing that chapter realising that I just brought beauty so-to-speak into someone's life. And it is through these little acts of showing care and concern that the beauty of God can be shown to others. I remember a Pastor sharing this important concept about blessing: "We are blessed to be a blessing".

I guess I'll end by reminding myself never to keep all the blessings for ourselves but share it. It is an input and output of blessing. So its now 11:55am and i've got to get ready for my psych lab. In the meantime, think about how you have been a blessing. And if you haven't been blessed lately, maybe its got something to do with, you keeping all the blessing till there is no more space for anymore blessing that God has for you.

God bless,
Cheryl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home