princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

21 February 2006

ROAD TO ETERNITY

Life is but a stopping place
A pause in what's to be
A resting place along the road
To sweet eternity

We all have different journeys
Different paths along the way
We are all meant to learn some things
But never meant to say

Our destination is a place
Far greater than we know
For some the journey's quicker
For some the journey's slow

But when the journey finally ends
We'll claim a great reward
And find an everlasting peace
Together with the Lord

This week hasn't been the best week for me. Nai Nai (grandma in chinese) passed away on thursday which was very unexpected. Yes, she was in the hospital for a week due to a major stroke. But all of us thought that she was recovering well when she started to chat with us, eat well and was able to move. However, due to complications in her internal organs, her organs failed and got infected. Thus leading to her last days on earth.
And the last 4 days have been a tough one, a tiring one that the whole family had to go through. What a roller coaster ride for me personally...physically n mentally. I remember on tt thursday when we were all at the hospital hoping for the best at the bedside, one moment we were all afraid n crying that nai nai will pull through, the next moment we HAD to take a break from all these emotional stress n think of the funny things nai nai did while she was still among us.
So the funeral was today...and looking back, i was glad that i went up there and made a speech to bid my nai nai farewell. Dad went, Uncle Shane went, Uncle Chris went....i had to go to represent the grandchildren. Went up there, not prepared but i guess pple wld understand. Reminded everyone tt grandma will always have a special place in our hearts becoz she was the only one who called us y our 'nicknames'.
-take a breather-
Anyway, the whole thing has ended, she is gone, but let me assure you that the love she gave to her children n grandchildren, the legacy that she has left behind will never be forgotten and will continue to pass on from generations to generations.
Love ya grandma,
Cheryl

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God loves you.

Take heart.
Will try to send you off ok?

February 21, 2006 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home