princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

16 February 2006

I STRUGGLE TOO U KNOW

Honestly, I'm not feeling the best right now. Yeah, yesterday was V-day and i had an awesome time. Today is a new day and it has its own challenges. Well, just saw something which made me look at myself from head to toe, literally. Then "IT" creeps in sutly, just when you least expects it. I started comparing myself with the more beautiful more talents girls, the girls who have what i probably will never have.

It happens to everyone, perfect or not perfect, strong or not so strong. The lack of confidence in oneself, the ability to accept oneself for who they are. And it hurts. Its a struggle.

I tell God that no matter how strong I am in knowing that I'm a child of God made in His image, I am still struggling. Its one thing to know it up here(brain/mind) and its another to know really believe it in here (heart).

Despite all that, I still persist on in reading what I already know as head knowledge. I guess i know for a fact that God's Word never fails me no matter how bad I'm struggling. Let the wonder of God's perspective on you soak in. Do you fully realize what it means to be …

  • Precious to God (Isaiah 43:4)
  • God's child (John 1:12)
  • Jesus' friend (John 15:15)
  • Chosen by Jesus (John 15:16)
  • Loved dearly by God (John 16:27)
  • Free from condemnation (Romans 8:1)
  • A temple—a dwelling place—of God's Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16)
  • Redeemed and forgiven of all your sins (Colossians 1:14)
After reading these gems of truths, make a real attempt to believe it even though you may have tried it many times and somehow it fails to stay in your heart. I dislike myself once in a while. Everyone dislikes themselves once in a while. Its not how many times you hate yourself, its how many times you are willing to give yourself another chance that counts. You know, having read these verses, although I still admit to struggling to accept myself, I find it easier to get over with the things I can never have or become and start living life to the fullest. Maybe you should too.

(The Message paraphrase of )Romans 12:2, urges us to reject the flawed thinking of our culture and those around us: "Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out."

Be blessed,
Cheryl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a change in the gal who told me she doesn't share much about her life. The same gal who told me she would not tell others her problems because she already knows what they're going to say.

But here I am, seeing someone who writes about what's deep down. What's bothering her. And as her friends, we will always share this burden. We will always be here for you.

Don't keep things to yourself. Let us be a blessing to you. Give us a chance to love you too, as much as you have loved us.

I've been blessed by this post, and I'm sure others are too. Remember, Cheryl. What I wrote in the card. The meaning of your name.

Beloved. Dear.

God Bless,
Peter

February 16, 2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger TT said...

Thanks for the comments @ my blog. Hang in there, we all compare ourselves to others every now and then, but you have the right attitude about it. Remember that God made you uniquely YOU, tell yourself that every time you feel IT creep in. God Bless.

February 16, 2006 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home