princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

06 September 2006

A TRUE CHAMPION INDEED


The 36-year-old legend bowed out of the US Open and tennis on Sunday in a 7-5, 6-7(4), 6-4, 7-5 loss to Germany’s Benjamin Becker, but there was no real defeat on the day, as all 23,712 fans in attendance stood and cheered in unison, saluting the most popular tennis player of all time.

While other players have come close to Agassi in international recognition, none have been as widely loved, and as Agassi wept courtside, in the locker room and in the players lounge, the world took a bow – just like he did eight times in front of the highly emotional crowd.

With tears running down his cheeks, Agassi still had the courage to take the microphone and thank fans for inspiring him to succeed, even during his lowest moments. Early in his career, Agassi had fought against the world. Later in life, he learned to how to lean on his supporters’ shoulders.

A true champion of the sport, of any sport.
Cheryl

1 Comments:

Blogger Dead Poet said...

if u hav followed agassi since u were young, tears will trickle down ur cheeks as you watch him play his final match.

September 07, 2006 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home