princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

28 April 2006

DISOWNED DESIRE P1

A few days ago, i was talking to a frend of mine on msn. I don't know this person very well...neva really met properly in-person...but we've been talking abt God and life whenever we do chat online. There is not too much I can say, but it just saddens me to know that there are people out there who have given up the journey to desire, desire a life that was made for them, "life in abundance".

When the desire is too much to bear, we often bury it beneath frenzied thoughts and activities or escape it by dulling our immediate consciousness of living. It is possible to run away from the desire for years, even decades, at a time, but we cannot eradicate it entirely. It keeps touching us in little glimpses and hints in our dreams, our hopes, our unguarded moments.
(May, The Awakened Heart)
Sometimes i feel that CHristianity has come to the point where we believe that there is no higher aspiration for the human soul than to be nice. We are producing a generation of men and women whose rgeatest virtue is that they don't offend anyone. Then we wonder why there is not more passion for Christ in the church? But how can we hunger and thirst after God if we ceased hungering and thirsting altogether?
Just last weekend, John Bevere spoke at one of the meetings at church. At the end of the meeting, he suddnely called all the young people in the congregation to come up on stage and be prayed for. He was just challenging us if we wanted more of God, if we desired more of Him, if we were passiobnate for Him. I went up there, i raised my hands, i did wat most of the youths did. I prayed, i desired, i hungered for Him. However, when i went home and thought about what had happened, a part of me was so disappointed with myself and my attitude.
I thought to myself: if i was that hungry for God, if i was passionate and desperately desired for Him, why didn't i feel like i had given my all in search for Him, in crying out desperately for Him? When i was up there on stage, i did what most people did...i quietly prayed, quietly hungered, quietly...Is that the expressiobn of my heart's cry, to quietly want Him?
Hmm....something maybe you should think about.
Cheryl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you hungry or do u want to experience hunger?

April 29, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

there are more people i know who quietly hunger after God and make a greater impact in their world, than there are who are loud and noisy about their pursuit of God and yet fall flat in just about every other area of their lives.

April 30, 2006 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home