princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

03 February 2006

SURVIVING SPIRITUAL DRYSPELLS DURING SUMMER??

It's summer—and the livin' is easy, as the song goes. It's a time filled with moments with friends enjoying walks on the beach, accompanied with an ice-cold sugarcane juice, or a nite out at the nearest kopitiam (coffee place in Singapore) eating the cheapest bowl of mee pok (pork noodles, i tink) one can never find in Australia. Summer is one of my favourite seasons...not like Singapore has many seasons to choose from really. But you know wat i mean.

However, when you are experiencing summer spiritually speaking, it is far from my favorite season. I remebered two years ago i experienced a time of pain and spiritual frustration. And i was just not doing anything to make the situation better. I was just too tired to do anything and have almost given up on God answering y prayers. However, from experience, i learnt that i could still find joy by serving him instead of passively waiting. It was then that i change the way i viewed my occassional summer seasons.

People say that they will always become stronger after learning to pick themselves up from a fall. And i always assumed the older I was, and the longer i was a Christian, the closer to God i would feel and the better i'm able to deal wif tough situations in life. Unfortunately, there would be times when i'd feel as if God didn't care about me. Yet, I've come to recognize certain truths exist whether i feel they are a reality or not: (1) God loves me and is with me every step of my journey; (2) God fashions me into his image through the good and difficult experiences we go through; (3) God uses people like us to remind others of his faithfulness once we manage to walk through the valley.

Sometimes, I would feel so overwhelmed with thoughts in my head regarding tough situations and i just can't see how God seems so distant and is not likely to help me out. It is times like these when friends are not around to advice me, prayers are not being answered, and the situation seems to be getting from bad to worse when i call upon my mini-savior, my mini-cd player. I would listen to praise and worhsip CDs or sing my own songs wherever i am, in the mrt station, bus or gym. Its amazing how songs of praise lifts one spirit up when it is feelin so low and hopeless.

Anyway, just thought that these are some ways you can help yourself when the world seems to go against you, even when God seems to go against you too. Fill free to share your thoughts and teach me a few things to overcome spiritual dryspells. God bless.

Cheryl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i came back to read. wow, how true this post is. i experienced spiritual dryness myself. It's good to tell people about your experience so that they are uplifted

February 09, 2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger cjs said...

Its good to know that people are being uplifted through my entries. I guess it doesn't matter how many people visit my blog. As long as one person is being affected (positively of coz) then i tink this blog is worth publishing. So here is to this blog, a ministry in itself.

Stay cool!

February 10, 2006 3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home