princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

09 January 2006

Scared but passionate...

Entering into this new year...lots of challenges, changes will come my way. Some are expected...some unexpected. I've been involved in Moriah (Singapore church) youth ministry ever since i entered youth....that was like 8years. Woah...i'm getting old. Hehe...

Well 4 those of u who dunnoe...i use to help lead a cell group in Citylife (Australia church) in 2005. The middle of last year, i have been thinking about changing ministry and serving in the youth ministry instead. And i guess after heaps of discussion wif God, pple n myself...i've made the decision to lead a cell in Xlr8 (youth ministry). One problem:

Although i've been to a few youth services or meetings...i barely know anyone...young or old...and i really dunnoe how things run in tt ministry. Honestly speaking...i'm freakin scared to enter into this new environment. Everyone there seems to know each other too well it jus seems so hard to try n break into the scene w/o not trying too hard. Its scarey...i tot everyone was suppose to be welcoming...or at least i tot the leadership team shld be welcoming. Not being offensive to the leaders there, i tell u they r a passionate bunch of young pple who really wana see the world changed n lives transformed. I guess its the same everywhere...when someone enters into a new place...its neva a comfort zone one enters into. Hmmm...to make things worse....i'll be missing the leaders' orientation n missing the start of the youth ministry for 2006.

Despite the dear of uncertainty in the decision that i've made...somehow the peace and assurance takes place. Why? One word...PASSION....for tthis ministry...(**oops...dad jus screamed becoz liverpool missed a goal)...back to the topic. PASSION...so powerful. I guess, i know tt i'm passionate abt tis ministry, therefore i dun mind experiencing a little discomfort. I'm really praying tt my passion for this ministry will be contagious enuf to influence those i lead.

I hope this wld encourage you to think abt wat u r doing in life or in church. What is the reason behind wat u r doing....who u r serving...which ministry u r in? Do u have the PASSION....or is it jus for men sake?

1 Cor 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Cheryl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home