princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

19 April 2007

MY GOD REIGNS

Love this quote:

God's glory and beauty come from within, and there He delights to dwell. His visits there are frequent, His conversation sweet, His comforts refreshing, His peace passing all understanding...
Last night was my first night to Encounter this year and it was amazing to see Oxygen (name of Young Adults minisrty) growing in quantity and quality. But what was even better was the encounter i had with God. It was top-notch amazing.
Coming into Encounter last night, i had to admit i was feeling a bit heavy on the inside and needed to really leave everything at the alter and surrender it all to Him, who knows my past, present and future. Arriving there an hour early, i was able to sit in for the setting up of the band. It was then that i was reminded of the times i would be setting up for praise and worship back in my own church in Singapore. Boy do i miss those sessions, where i would give my all in music and singing.
When praise and worship started, i was full-on into the whole gig. And i think its true what the bible says "Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8). Right from the start go, I could feel God just taking off that burden that was in me. That sense of heaviness transcended into a sense of peace and freedom.
Indeed, our God is an awesome God, who deserevs all praise. Like the song goes:
My God reigns, My God reigns
Forever and ever Your kingdom reigns
And i pray that over the way i lead my life, one that truely shows the love of God. I pray that over the tough situations i'm facing, that they will become testimonies so that others may be encouraged. I pray that over those i love too dearly, that they may live a life of purpose and a life that would impact others.
Be bless,
Cheryl

2 Comments:

Blogger cjs said...

Thought of just putting it out there:

Life is a gift from God. How you live your life si a gift to God. So live the lief that you were meant to live, one full of purpose.

April 19, 2007 8:39 AM  
Blogger nigel said...

great post cheryl. sorta ironic how your first encounter for the year was the first one i missed (well sort of). you'll have to fill me in some time.

April 22, 2007 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home