princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

26 October 2006

THE PASSION I ONCE KNEW

Last night at ENCOUNTER, we had Christine Caine come down from Hillsong and speak to us about what it means to be PASSIONATE all over again. What an apt moment for me to hear what she had to say. A god-moment for me? For sure.

Something she said, "when you feel that doing church, doing ministry becomes an obligation, you've lost the passion for it".

Reflecting back, i realised how my priorities have changed and my attitude towards certain aspects of my life have shifted. Not saying that this is a bad thing....its just different. But one thing is certain, and i'm not proud to say: i think i may have lost the passion. And i'm not trying to find an excuse or a reason to justify it.

LESSON LEARNT: As a young teenager, i've always been so fired up for God and his purpose for my life. I've been to every conference, every evangelistic meeting and have been so involved in the exciting things God has not only for me but for his people. And really, there is nothing that could take me away from doing his work. But i've came to realise that as you enter into young adult life, things start to change. As more responsibilities and commitments pile up (ie. uni, trying to find a job, relationships), a shift in priorities happens and in a way there are more 'reasons' not to do God's work. And somehow or rather, we choose to settle and not continue to do the race of life. Suddenly doing church becomes an obligation. ANd we wonder how come nothing exciting is happening in my christian life, how come nothing explosive is happening to my ministry?

Seriously, if we want to see the church expanding, if we want to see his people radically changed, if we want to see our ministry exploding and if we want to see our life being a true witness to the lost generation, we've got to learn to recognise that PASSION and soak in it for the long hols. Its a choice we have to make. I can choose to recognise that i've lost that passion and not do anything about and choose to settle. Or i can recognise it and actively choose to change.

God bless

Cheryl

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...recognise that PASSION and soak in it for the long hols." amen. encouraging post. press on sister (not ah-sum :D)! ((:

October 26, 2006 11:05 PM  
Blogger cjs said...

Hehehe....got to get it into our system....its so easy to settle!! JIA YOU!!

October 27, 2006 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.....i know u've always been a fervant christian and you are different. I don't know. For your sake, keep that PASSION alive because it makes you who you are and i like it. Love ya....PS. coming to party after exams??

October 27, 2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Dead Poet said...

you have yet to comprehend the difficulty of living a romanticist lifestyle in a realist society.

October 29, 2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home