princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

04 January 2006

New Year, new beginning

I'm glad i manage to survive until 2006. Let's see...its kinda jus dawn on me that i'll be turning 20 this year (yes i'm turning 20 not 26...for those of you who think that i'm 25). How quick time flies...one moment i'm a teenager, the next moment i'm suppose to be responsible for myself and my actions...*darn*

Reflecting back to 2005, I jus wana thank God for being with me throughout this year. It was a tough year for me...leaving the comforts of staying with a family to styaing by myself (sorry Joy, not tt u r not a good housemate, u noe wat i mean)...but its different. Then from not doing much as a cell intern to leading a cell group with Nigel, who had noe clue ab leading a cell too (sorry nigel...not tt u weren't gd @ wat u did....but we were really blur @ the start which was a struggle).

Next came the birth of new friendships and also the "opp, of birth" (not death la...its not tt bad) of some friendships. Academically...it was the increasing workload, which led to brain decreasing in size (well @ least it felt like it), to crammping of units in the 2nd semester, and an increase sense of loneliness...dieing to go back home (n most imptly eat mum's home-cooked food, instead of home-cooked congee boiled with carrots and accompanied with a can of tuna).

Then in the later part of the year...came along the decision to change the ministry that i'll be serving in....and while i was making tis decision to switch ministries...there was the realisation that certain life principles i once believed in had to changed so that i can move on with life, draw closer to Him. Sounds serious...u bet...lots of soul-searching, thought-provoking, brain-bursting, eye-melting, heart-renching questions i kept asking myself...jus so that i cld understand myself better and know who is In-CharGe of my life. Just in the last two months since i've been back in Singapore...my attitude has changed...my perspective in life has be affirmed.

2005 has brought along lots of ups-and-downs...none of which i regretted experiencing. Honestly speaking, as tough as it was..i enjoyed every moment of it. If 2005 was that exciting....what abt 2006!!

Entering into the new year, i really sense God expecting a lot from me....and me expecting great things from HIM so that I may begin to attempt great things for HIM. Not only is He going to be more evident in me....he is going to really turn DR and Moriah AOG into a community-impacting, life-changing experience for all who walk in. I am really excited to see what God has for me.

bring it on, GOD!! (hehe...)
Cheryl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home