princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

17 December 2004

Mission Trip Experience (Part 5: A Smile, A Blessing)

On the forth day of the trip, we decided to drive up to Mount Phur Shee Phar and camp over night. The trip was long and boring until we came across a group of women and children who were just sitting around along the road next to their empty house made of wood. The pastor who led the team decided to stop for a while and maybe do some ministry work.

Living conditions in the slums were not very good. People living in the slums were doing everythinf from bathing to sleeping along the road under their very empty houses. Anyway, when we were their, the children were full of excitent and anticipation as to what we may give them. When we were there, we distributed a few sweets and jelly to each child whose faces were either covered with blood or some had dried blood under their nose. As usually, these thai children were so polite. With hands clasped together, they would do a little curtsey before accepting the simple gifts we gave. With these simple little things we gave brought a smile unto their faces. With this simple smile seen on the children faces brought a smile unto ours.

When we were there, we sang songs and prayed a prayer of blessing for them. Although this event took less than half-an-hour, the feeling was so overwhelming which led me into tears. I vividly remember what Uncle Eugene (aka Achan Eugene) said to the few women and children in the slum. He said someting like: It brings a smile to our faces to see you smile. And i totally agreeded with him. Then wen it was time to leave, one of the women of the group spoke to us and said this: That the fact that we are here is not a coincidence but that is all God's plan. And i too totally agree with her.

Because I've actually seen these people living in the slums and understand the type of conditions they are living in...my heart goes to them. When we were together praying, I just sensed the presence of God...the power of His love so strong in that place. It was as if God was just standing a metre away from that even, looking at our direction with a smile on his face saying: "What you did was simple (singing songs and praying for them) and it has brough a smile on my face. I love you all!" That moment was so special to me.

Acts 20:35
"...It is more blessed to give than to recieve."

Remember Jesus loves you and i love you. Be blessed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shanice said...

Its nice to see that you're touching the lives of many and spreadin God's words. Makes us realise how fortunate we're. =)) I dont know when we'll start behavin like real best friends. Take care and god bless ya cheryl.

December 23, 2004 4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home