princess of [RESOLVE]

Hi there. Wanna know what i'm thinking? Read on!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Well what to say? I guess I'm a person who has a rather strong personality but don't be suprise when i tell u that i'm most of the time an introvert. I like to have my own space and like to think a lot. Call me a Jesus freak if you want, but i'm proud to be God's princess. So wana know me better, read my blog or e-mail me. In the mean time, God bless.

15 December 2004

Mission Trip Experience (Part 2: Before)

Before the trip began, I was confused...on one hand i was very excited...on the other i felt unprepared and didn't feel like going for the trip. Having only a week to settle back into Singapore's lifestyle was difficult for me. Further more, i had to try and reconnect myself with my friends in DR.

It was tough and i felt that maybe i was not needed in this mission trip. Before i left for Australia, i would be part of a performance or be in-charge of something in mission trips. However this year was different. Due to certain circumstances, i was less involve in the preparation of the mission trip. Therefore, i did not know what was expected of me in this mission trip...what my own expectations were for this mission trip.

When the trip started, i was still pretty confused...didn't feel like i belong (being away from DR for so long has caused me to be a bit detached from the group). Worse still was the fact that i didn't feel that God was close to me anymore...because i haven't been spending as much time as i should with him in preparation for the trip. It was only on the second day, on my trip from Chiang Rai airport to House of Grace (the orphange home where we stayed for approximately 4 days) that i spent quality time with God.

After having a good conversation with someone i started asking God what He wanted me to do during this mission trip...how this mission trip could or would affect the decisions i make in the future (i have to add that during this trip, i've learnt that i do think a lot). Well...although there were no direct answers from God, it was time well spent as during that time God was my main focus.

From that experience, i've learnt that maybe the nitty gritty details of life does not really matter when you place God number one in your life. Another lesson is that when you are unsure of what you should do or whether what you are doing is according to God's plan, just remember this WWJD - What Would Jesus Do. With that let me end by reminding you of this verse...

Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Remember, Jesus loves you and I love you too. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home